Monday, September 7, 2009

Lists and Leatherwork

I wrote a list of projects I had completed over the the winter:

1. hand felting
2. little birdy
3. baby blanket
4. baby quilt #2
5. babyquilt #3
6. batik
7. potato prints
8. screen prints
9. lino prints
10. bag with birds
11. bag from Ikea fabric
12 black apple doll
13 long skirt
14 comfy trackies
15 granny squares
16. crochet bunnies
17. giant cushion
18. hexagons
19. knitted rabbit
20. knitted beanies
21. bloody rag rug

Ok, maybe the word "completed" is a little strong. "Have made significant progress on" would be more appropriate.

I was planning to share all of them with you, but I keep getting distracted.

For instance, I went to a shoe repair shop in my lunch break the other day, where they also make shoes, which is pretty cool, but nowhere near as exciting as the leather off-cuts which they sell bags of in all sorts of lovely mixtures of colours and thicknesses. So naturally I had to buy a bag - ok, two bags - of them. So that night I raided the bookshelf for '70s craft books and make this little purse. I then had to go to spotlight for the snap fastener and leather needles the next day, and instead of finishing other half finished items when I had some spare time, I sat on the floor and sorted through my new leather stash. Naturally this involves spreading the leather off-cuts artfully around me on the floor, taking up as much available space as possible which was ridiculous as I'd just spent most of the day tidying up! Will I ever learn?

Here's my first attempt at making anything from leather:

Photobucket


Oh and here's something I forgot to put on the list but I used it tonight which reminded me - my yoga bag. I love this ikea fabric.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I love this IKEA fabric too, Pippa!!! We have various IKEA fabricy things around our house...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it too cheeky of me to ask where you got the bags of leather scraps? I'd love a bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherry, I'll tell you when I see you next... I don't want to give too much away!

    Gillian, the rag rug was supposed to have been a quick and easy project but has dragged on and on. Its so close to being finished but I can't even motivate myself to look at it, let alone finish that last little bit.

    ReplyDelete