Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Half finished items

Hope you had a great Australia Day! We celebrated traditionally, with a barbeque followed by pavlova. Yum!

Photobucket

I started making this quilt for my Nan’s birthday which was, ahem, in December . The top has been finished for ages, but it seems like every time I’ve had some time to myself it’s been in a heat wave, when the whole quilting and binding process is very unappealing. It’s a large lap quilt – the biggest I’ve attempted so far - and it’s now half quilted, but I don’t know when I’ll talk myself into sitting down to bind it. Poor Nana. It’ll be summer in the UK by the time that I have it finished and sent to her!

While I haven’t wanted to do the quilting, I have felt like sewing a lot lately. I’ve used the scraps to make a baby quilt top:

Photobucket

And another UFO (I still have to sew on half the binding), a potholder:

Photobucket

This is also my first quilting using a walking foot that I’ve been lent. It makes things a lot easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment